Christmas is almost here! The hustle and bustle of the holiday season are well on their way, and there's no telling what kind of shenanigans your loved ones will get into.
Whether you're planning a festive celebration or just looking to savor the sweet simplicity of Christmas day, make sure that this holiday season is the most memorable one.
The joy of Christmas remains unmatched. No matter how many years pass, the excitement and happiness that comes with the holiday season never fades. There are simply too many memories to count - from waking up on Christmas morning to opening presents under the tree, but now that you’re an adult, Christmas celebrations ought to take a different route.
Are you looking for some fun and festive ideas for your office Christmas party this year? Look no further! Whether you're looking for something cheery or a low-key celebration, there's sure to be something on this list that will suit your needs. From fun games to festive drinks, we've got everything you need to make your office Christmas party in 2022 a success!
Walk down the memory lane
The history of Christmas is a long and complicated one, full of traditions and customs that have evolved over time. Some say the holiday first originated in pagan celebrations honoring the winter solstice or the birth of Mithra (a solar deity). Others believe that Jesus was actually born on December 25th and that Christmas was originally a time to celebrate his birth.
Whatever the true history behind this festive season may be, there is no doubt that it has become an important part of the culture around the globe.
Millions of people enjoy celebrating Christmas with friends and family, exchanging gifts, eating delicious food, and listening to music together. Whether you're religious or not, there's nothing like spending a special day surrounded by loved ones!
Celebrate the season of perpetual hope at work
Christmas is a time for celebration, and what better way to celebrate than with an office Christmas party? Whether you're planning on hosting a small get-together or throwing a large event, here are some ideas and games to get everyone in the mood.
Set the budget
Do you have an office Christmas party planned? Great! The first step is to allocate a budget. There are a few things to consider, such as the food and beverage costs, decorations, and presents for your employees.
When allocating your budget, it's important to keep in mind that not everyone will need or want the same thing. That's why it's important to create an RSVP list so that everyone knows what they're entitled to and nobody ends up feeling left out. Also, be sure to set some ground rules - like no gifts over $50 and no outside alcohol (other than beer/wine served at the party).
Paint the town red
Christmas is a time for family and friends to get together, enjoy each other's company, and celebrate the holiday. But what do you do in the office on Christmas day? Here are a few Christmas indoor decorations to help make your workspace festive:
- Hang up some mistletoe above your desk or near any window where people can see it. Mistletoe is symbolic of love, so adding it to your workplace environment will be sure to cheer everyone up! You can get office Christmas decorations from Amazon.
- If you’re looking for Christmas indoor decorations, put up some festive decorations around the room. Maybe set out some bulbs in tall glass containers, or hang red corduroy curtains from the ceiling.
- Place special candles in strategic spots throughout the room - near window sills, over desks, by filing cabinets - to add a touch of fragrance and warmth while you work.
- Hang colorful ornaments on the Christmas tree.. You can find or make simple light strings to hang from the tree or use mini lights in different colors to create a festive ambience.
Office Christmas decorations that make your workspace feel more cheerful will help keep employees happy and motivated during this special time of year!
Plan some fun games
There's no doubt that office Christmas party games are a must-have, especially if you want to keep everyone entertained and happy. From classic board games like Monopoly, Risk, and Settlers of Catan to more creative options like Twister or charades, there's a game for everyone's taste. But which one is the best?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. What works well for one team may not be as fun for another. However, some popular Christmas game choices include the Reindeer ring toss, Christmas trivia game, and Christmas storyboard game. Get creative and have some fun!
Get quirky greeting cards
It's that time of year again! Time to get your festive cards ready for the office Christmas party. What better way to put a smile on everyone's face than with some humorous and festive designs? Choose from classic holiday designs, or go for something more whimsical and original, like a Christmas definition card.
You'll be sure to make everyone happy this season with a little help from Footnotes Paper- Plus, you'll stand out from the crowd and win some brownie points!
Set a crowd-pleasing menu
Whether you're hosting or attending an office Christmas party, there are plenty of festive food and drink ideas to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Make sure your drinks menu features classic cocktails like Mulled Wine, Spiked Eggnog, and Hot Cocoa. But don't forget about more creative options like Fernet Branca Spritzer with Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur or Peppermint Mocha Martini with White Chocolate Liquorice Liqueur.
- Serve appetizers such as Roasted Chestnuts with Maple Syrup and Candied pecan, Ham & Cheese Croissants with Cranberry Jus, or Miniature Pound Cakes filled with Mashed Potato Gravy and Green Beans.
- For main courses, consider traditional favorites like Pineapple Upside Down Cake or Classic Shepherd's Pie but also unique variations like Grilled Salmon Fillet With Wasabi Ginger Glaze or Quinoa Pumpkin Seed Loaf With Honey Butter Sauce.
- And finally, don't forget dessert! How can anyone resist a delicious slice of Christmas cake? There are dozens of amazing Christmas dessert recipes available online so find one that appeals to your guests and bake it up for the party!
Send joyous invites
What better way to kick off the festivities than by sending out a cheery Christmas party invite? Not only will your invitees feel special and appreciated, but they'll also get into the festive spirit for the holiday season! Here are some tips on how to write the perfect Christmas party invite.
- Choose a festive theme
- Write personalized messages inside each invite
- Jazz the Christmas party invites with some upbeat stickers
Send out Christmas party invites as soon as possible after finalizing your guest list. This way, everyone has enough time (and excitement!) leading up to the big event!
Illuminate the office Christmas party with Footnotes Paper
Looking to spice up your office Christmas party this year? Why not choose some festive and humorous Christmas cards from Footnotes Paper? Our collection of joyous and heartwarming Christmas cards is sure to put a smile on everyone's face.
Whether you're looking for something witty and fun or more subtle humor, we've got the perfect card for you. Here are our top picks for Christmas cards, but make sure you visit our website or store to choose the perfect card that fits your requirements.
Snow globe around New York
No matter how busy you are this holiday season, there's one thing that will always be on your mind - the city. And for New Yorkers, Christmas is a time to celebrate and give back.
The snow globe card will make for an adorable gift for your colleagues who enjoy traveling to NYC for the holiday season or want to bring some international flair to their celebrations.
With the joy definition Christmas greeting card, you can send out the spirit of joy and happiness in the form of a card. Not only does it look amazing but also carries a message that will make anyone smile upon receiving it.
Adorned with accurate details of Santa's attire, the Santa’s clothes card is a perfect gift for your coworkers who want to delve into nostalgia this Christmas. With its fancy design and witty imagery, this greeting card will surely brighten up your friend's day!
Don’t forget to include a personalized message on the blank interior of our cards. You can also pick up a pack of fun stickers from Footnotes Paper and jazz up your Christmas greeting cards.
Do share your office Christmas party celebrations with us by tagging us on Instagram @footnotespaper. Merry Christmas!