Thanksgiving is a day of gratitude and celebration. It's also the perfect time to reflect on all the good things in life and to put gratitude into practice. An occasion to gather with family and friends, savor delicious cuisine, and feel grateful for all the good things in life, Thanksgiving gives you a reason to celebrate all that you’re grateful for. Whether you're hosting or attending the festivities, make sure to enjoy yourself and spread love in everyone’s lives.
It is the perfect time to celebrate the many blessings that have come our way, and nothing says "thank you" more than sending heartfelt cards. Wondering what to write on in a Thanksgiving card? You might find yourself at a loss for words when it comes to showing gratitude, but this Thanksgiving, make sure you pour your heart out to your loved ones.
This blog post will share some heartwarming and witty wishes to help you write down the perfect Thanksgiving card and celebrate the season of gratitude to the fullest. After reading this blog post, you’ll know what to say in a Thanksgiving card and make your loved ones’ celebrations memorable!
A trip down memory lane- Thanksgiving Origin and History
Thanksgiving is a holiday that commemorates the harvest festival held in autumn by the Pilgrims after their first voyage to America. The date of Thanksgiving was chosen to coincide with the European harvest festivals, which were celebrated at that time of year.
The first recorded celebration of Thanksgiving took place between September and November in America in 1621, when settlers in Plymouth, Massachusetts came together to feast upon what they had harvested from their land. During the eighteenth century, thanksgivings were typically small and simple affairs focused on family and friends rather than large feasts presided over by government authorities.
However, beginning in the nineteenth century, Thanksgivings began receiving more public attention as celebrations aimed at promoting national unity. Although Thanksgiving was originally a religious observance, it has been secularized over time.
Today, it is primarily a celebration of food and family unity celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. However, some people still observe traditional rituals such as sharing Christmas stories or prayer sessions before dinner.
Spread love and festivity with these 20 Thanksgiving messages
Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful for all the good things in life. And what could be more grateful than sending heartfelt wishes to those you care about? Are you wondering what to write in a Thanksgiving card to make their world go round?
Here are some Thanksgiving wishes for your friends and family that we hope will add some joy to this holiday season.
What to say in a Thanksgiving card to make your loved ones’ day
Are you struggling with what to say in a Thanksgiving card to make your loved ones' day? It's not always easy to put into words how grateful we are for the people in our lives, but a heartfelt message in a Thanksgiving card can go a long way.
In this section, we'll share some tips and ideas on what to say in a Thanksgiving card to make your loved ones' day. So, let's dive in and find the perfect words to show how much you care and learn what to say in a Thanksgiving card to touch someone’s heart!
- Be grateful for all that you have in life - even if it's simple things like good health or loved ones by your side. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving. Spend time with those who mean the most to you, and savour every moment spent together. Let go of anything that might be holding you back from experiencing true happiness this holiday season.
- Thankfulness brings us happiness in difficult times, peace during uncertain ones, and hope when things seem hopeless. No matter what life throws our way this holiday season or any other time of year, know that we're always loved and supported by God above. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Wishing you a warm and heartfelt Thanksgiving today! May your day be filled with happiness, love, and family.
- Wishing everyone a heartfelt Thanksgiving! May your day be filled with joy, laughter, and family. Thank you for being in my life, and I look forward to celebrating with you later this week.
- There's no greater feeling than sharing food with those you love, surrounded by happy memories. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Wishing you all the best this Thanksgiving! May your family be happy and healthy, and may your turkey taste as delicious as it smells. Thank you for being a part of my world.
- Thank you for letting me be a part of your Thanksgiving celebrations this year. I'm grateful to have such amazing friends and family, and I can't wait to spend time with all of you. Stay warm and safe out there, and know that your thoughts are always with me during these festive times. Wishing you and your family Happy Thanksgiving.
- Wishing you a happy and heartfelt Thanksgiving. Thank you for being part of our community, and for making this holiday such a special moment. I am grateful for all that we have, and hope that your holidays are as joyous as ours will be.
- Happy Thanksgiving. May everything fall into place just as it should for you!
What to write in a Thanksgiving card to make them burst into laughter
Are you looking for some inspiration on what to write in a Thanksgiving card that will make your loved ones burst into laughter?
While it's important to express gratitude and appreciation during the holiday season, injecting a little humor into your message can make it all the more memorable.
Whether you're sending a card to family, friends, or coworkers, a funny Thanksgiving card can bring a smile to anyone's face. In this section, we'll share some ideas on what to write in a Thanksgiving card that will make your recipients laugh out loud.
- Gobble, gobble, turkey! Thanks for making this holiday so special. Happy Thanksgiving.
- May the turkeys be big and juicy because nothing makes you happier than a properly cooked bird! Have a fun Thanksgiving. Wishing you and your family Happy Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving. May your meals be delicious (and not too heavy!), your plates clean, and your family close by.
- Wishing you and your family Happy Thanksgiving.. Always remember that your mildly amusing insults will be greatly appreciated.
- May your turkey be cooked to perfection, your stuffing bubbling with flavour, and your pumpkin pies bursting with sweet goodness!
- I hope you all have a peaceful holiday free from any disagreements or silly arguments that you usually initiate- let's just enjoy each other's company and celebrate our blessings together! Have an amazing Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving. May every day of this holiday season be filled with laughter, love, happiness...and lots of pumpkin pie!
- Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that everyone will finally stop talking about how much weight they've lost this year and start sharing their new recipes instead! (Seriously, somebody pass the stuffing!)
- I hope you all have plenty of food and drinks because we sure eat like pigs this day! Wishing you and your family Happy Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving from my stuffing-less stomach to yours! I hope your day is as fun and unique as you are.
How to prettify your Thanksgiving cards
Making a Thanksgiving card is a fun way to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them. You can choose from a variety of templates or create your own.
Just make sure that the message is meaningful and heartfelt, and that the design reflects your personality perfectly.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Choose an interesting font for the text on the card. This will make it easier to read, and people will be able to enjoy reading it even when they're busy cooking dinner!
- Use vibrant colors, so everything feels cheerful and festive. Bright green leaves against a pale pink background would be perfect for this occasion!
- Think about what images could go best with your text, either as thumbnail photos or larger prints hung in Happy Places around the house.
A snow-capped mountain might symbolize winter's arrival, while brightly colored flowers might represent Springtime celebrations approaching!
Whatever you choose, just make sure that it resonates with who you are as a person - personal touches like thanksgiving wishes or funny anecdotes add extra warmth and charm to any holiday greeting!
Now that you know what to write in a Thanksgiving card, you’ll surely make someone’s day memorable with your efforts!
Add some laughter to Thanksgiving with Footnotes Paper
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate with family and friends, so why do traditional cards just seem blah nowadays? Well, for one thing, they're mostly just pictures of people. And while that may be fine for some families, it's not really cutting it anymore when we're talking about 2022.
Don’t worry there’s never a dull moment with Footnotes Paper! Our humorous and fun Thanksgiving card is the perfect companion to any celebration, be it an intimate gathering at home or a lavish party. We've got you covered for every occasion.
It's a time when we look forward to the joyous blessings that our beloved family brings us. Say hello to Footnotes Paper's 'Thanksgiving Card'. An ode to the joy of gratitude, this Thanksgiving card depicts how Thanksgiving goes in a typical person's life.
From waking up early on Thanksgiving morning, preparing and cooking dinner and eating it in the afternoon, to fighting for discounts at night, it captures everything about Thanksgiving with humour and love.
Now that you know what to write on in a Thanksgiving card to make them smile from ear to ear, don’t forget to include a personalized message on the blank interior of the Footnotes Paper card. We also have fun stickers to help you jazz up your cards.
So next time you want to send a card that makes others smile, choose one from Footnotes Paper! With an awesome collection of cards and Holiday stickers for every occasion, you'll surely find something that fits your mood!
Sign up for our newsletter and get 10% off on your next purchase, Thanksgiving card shopping has never been more fun. We hope you have a Thanksgiving filled with love, laughter, and lots of roasted Turkey.
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the many blessings in our lives and to express gratitude for the people who make them possible.
Writing a thoughtful message in a Thanksgiving card is the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care.
Whether you choose to write a heartfelt note or inject some humor into your message, the most important thing is to be sincere and genuine in your words.
We hope that our ideas and tips on what to write on a Thanksgiving card have inspired you to create a message that will truly make your loved ones' day.
So, grab a pen and some stationery and start writing - the possibilities are endless when it comes to what to write on a Thanksgiving card!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I write in a Thanksgiving message?
When writing a Thanksgiving message, it's important to express gratitude and appreciation for the person you're writing to.
Start by acknowledging what you're thankful for in your life, whether it's a specific person, experience, or opportunity. Then, express your gratitude for the person you're writing to, and let them know how much they mean to you.
You can also add a personal touch by including a fond memory or a thoughtful gesture that they've done for you.
Should I send Thanksgiving messages to coworkers or business associates?
Yes, sending Thanksgiving messages to coworkers or business associates is a great way to build and maintain professional relationships. It shows that you value their contributions and are grateful for their partnership.
Keep your message professional and appropriate for the relationship you have with the person, and consider adding a touch of personalization to make it more heartfelt.
It's always a good idea to send Thanksgiving messages early to avoid the holiday rush and to show your recipients that they are a priority to you.